Non Player Characters
- Dr. Michael Edwards (deceased). He was a professor of history, who studied early 20th century occultists. He was killed in a "wild animal attack" (read, Ulfric), and kept his notes in a very secretive and paranoid way, which didn't make any sense. What was up with him?
- Elaine Yamaguchi. She's a graduate student in history at the city university, a grad student of the late Dr. Edwards. She's Japanese-American, with blue-streaked hair and a kind of intellectual-punk look. She didn't believe in magic or monsters, despite studying early 20th century immigrant occultists, and she got kidnapped by werewolves, because they believed in her. Damn, that sucks. The PCs rescued her, and she's joined Cleo's cult.
- Lt. Jeremy Ash. He's a cop, and Cleo's boyfriend. Of course, as a person living in the World of Kewlness, he's handsome, and as a PC's main squeeze, he's necessarily drop-dead gorgeous. He's got a big cop motorcycle, too.
- Carson Wheeler. He's a natural born flunky, who has worked for sorcerers and demons. He owes some demons a LOT of money, and is trying to get it before they force him to sign over his soul. He's been sleeping with Mila Drivakis.
- Hagiel. Toren's parole officer angel. Played by Morgan Freeman, who's slumming it for this role. He's like a harried, busy guy who really should keep better track of Toren, but really as long he's only killing ninjas, it's not like he doesn't have bigger problems to worry about.
- Orlando Morvaunt. He's a vampire, who had his attack goon Ulfric take out Edwards for some reason and steal all his notes. He told the PCs it was because Edwards had pictures of him from 1920 or so, but that was a lie. What's he after?
- The Family Black. The Blacks are a mixed clan of humans and vampires; as the human members of the family age, they are turned into vampires. The vampires get human agents who can work in the daytime and are bound to them by ties of family loyalty, and the humans get to be immortal when they get old. The Blacks are wealthy, powerful and seriously bad news to cross.
- Grandmother Black, the Eldest. She's the theoretical master of the house, but because she's a fantastically powerful vampire ghost she spends most of her time asleep. Because she's a sociopathic horror with unfathomable powers, everyone is very very reluctant to do anything that could wake her up, like breaking any of her rules.
- Blaise Black. Deceased. The current head of the house. He's a vampire who was somehow injured some years ago, and is now on life support -- he lies in a pool filled with blood in the basement, and directs family operations from there. Aramis killed him after taking over the leadership, because he was furious with him for ignoring Guillaume's sociopathy and getting Yvonne killed.
- Aramis Black. Blaise's brother, and the consigliere for the family. He's the sexy evil Jesuit Grand Vizier of the family. He dresses like Neo from the Matrix Reloaded. Naturally, he's the second-in-command, and covets Blaise's position. He's now the leader of the family, after challenging Blaise for leadership and then executing him for his incompetence. He wishes Yvonne were still alive.
- Yvonne Black. Deceased. Blaises's eldest daughter. She's next in influence after Aramis, and has that whole corporate-executive-dominatrix vibe down cold. She wants to be in power, too, but has suffered embarassment for having turned Orlando Morvaunt. She's dead now, because it came out that she killed Guillaume for trying to rape Orlando and Sara, and Eldest Black demands that anyone who kills any of her descendants die.
- Guillaume Black. Deceased. Nobody liked him, because in addition to being a depraved monster, he spent a great deal of time and effort alienating all his allies and making them hate him. Now he's dead, and the only reason anyone cares is because Grandmother Black demands vengeance whenever one of her line is killed.
- Marie Black. She's one of the still-human Blacks, and she's married to Rama Yig, a naga. She goes for flowing robes in a kind of pre-Raphaelite evil sorceress look. The Blacks are intermarrying with other monster types to combine their superpowers in a great big monster melting pot. Isn't America great? She has a daughter, Sara. She hates the PCs with a white-hot passion for getting her sister Yvonne killed.
- Rama Yig. He's a naga, a were-snake. He's short, compact, and expensively if severely dressed. He's got pointy teeth, never blinks, and knows ALL KINDS of evil snake kung-fu. He also mind-controls any were-rats in the vicinity, just because they're lower on the food chain than him, and should serve him as a loyal slave until he eats them.
- Sara Black-Yig. She's got vampires and nagas in her family tree, and that family tree is one of the oldest magical mafias in the country. She's also nineteen, and her best friend is dead, so she probably has the angstiest LiveJournal? in the entire continental US.
- Cyril Demetrious. He's a wererat, and the right-hand-man deadly monster Jeeves to Rama Yig. He's sworn all kinds of dreadful oaths to his masters, and probably has disposed of multiple bodies on multiple occasions for the family. He thinks that when Rama eats him, all the sins he's committed will be taken up by Rama and he'll reincarnate as a higher life form. It's like Jehovah's Witnesses, for evil henchmen.
- Theodora Demetrious. Deceased. She was Cyril's daughter, and died the same night Guillaume did. He's all broken up about that, but she's not, 'cause she's dead.
- Hector ???. A wererat, one of Theo's innumerable cousins. He's being mentally dominated by Orlando, and hates it.
- Ulfric Wartooth. He's a werewolf, Orlando's chief bullyboy. He's a huge evil biker-type, who likes hurting people and growling a lot. He would also like to have sex with Cassandra, but probably he's going to die too soon for that. NOTE: Yep, he died too soon for that.